The wooden knuckle highland chair is a superior addition to the meadows range of orthopaedic high seat chairs.
A supportive chair with upholstered arms designed to be soft on the elbows. The Highland chair offers the added benefit of wooden knuckles at the front of the arms to provide further support when lowering into and raising from the chair.
The Panaz highland fabric is comfortable but hard wearing and is fully Impervious/Waterproof and also Antimicrobial.
Support level medium to firm. Good support especially for those recovering from hip and knee operations. Easy to get in and out of, so suitable for the elderly or people recovering from accidents or general immobility. A very robust chair fitted with inbuilt solid wooden legs.
This range of chairs are suitable for domestic or Care Home use, they meet the Crib 5 fire regulations and hold the BS EN 15373:2007 certification for Strength & Stability; this ensures that the frame and joints will not become loose and dangerous to sit on when exposed to central heating and the subsequent shrinkages that occur.
These chairs will be delivered to your door fully assembled with fixed wooden legs as standard.
If the person is below 5’7″ a Seat Height of 19 inches is recommended. 17″ for the petite or smaller unless otherwise advised by a Doctor or Hospital. For assistance please call 03333 661 040
Height – 1070mm (42″)
Width – 700mm (28″)
Depth – 770mm (30″)
Seat Heights available –Petite 17” , 19″ and 21”
Seat Widths available – 18″ or 21″ See separate listings
- Vacuum or wipe clean routinely with a microfibre cloth lightly dampened with cold water only.
- Soak up spillages as soon as possible with an absorbent dry cloth to prevent staining. Clean with a microfibre cloth lightly dampened with cold water only.
- If soiling has been allowed to build up use a mild water based proprietary cleaner. Take care to remove any product residues as these hinder the fabrics performance.
- For infection control purposes use specialised products such as Haz-Tabs, Chlor-Clean, Actichlor or Shield Plus. In extreme circumstances use a 10,000ppm chlorine bleach solution.
- Do not dry clean or immerse in water.
- Do not apply solvent based cleaners or any other chemicals to the fabric.
All wooden knuckle chairs come in a Light wood finish or Dark wood finish as an available option.